Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Summer Anime 2015 Picks

So if you've scanned my previous posts, you'll notice I did skip the Spring season of anime. I actually had picked out the anime I would watch that season but never got around to it. They're just sitting in my 'plan-to-watch' list on MAL, I'll get to them eventually!
For now however, let's look at some of the anime that piqued my interest this season!


Gangsta. - I really enjoy this! The animation is great, love the style and detail on the characters and the movement and camera angles, love it all! There isn't a great amount of detail in the backgrounds, however, much of it takes place in a small office and alleyways so it works out grand! Instead the focus is on the characters and action sequences. One of the main characters does not speak and would use hand signs to communicate most of the time, which I found very interesting.
     The tone of this seems quite dark and mature? (I don't know, I'm just going with it) I think if you like the seinen genre, you should definitely give this a try, I would say this could be one of my favourites this season.


Dragonball Super - So hyped when I heard that a new Dragonball series would be airing! I mean who doesn't like Dragonball?! Dragonball holds a special place in my heart and always will, not only was it great for us Chinese kids living in a 'non-Chinese' country, this was a series I often watched with my lil' bro and my dad! We just love watching Goku fight and the interactions between the characters.
     DB Super definitely brings back that nostalgia element and kicks it up a notch.  I'm just so excited to see Goku and everyone again. By the way this picks up after Dragonball Z ended.


Snow White with the Red Hair - So I picked this one up because I found the synopsis of this anime kinda interesting. I like the heroine surprisingly and I like that she's a herbalist, a very passionate herbalist might I add. It's always great to see a heroine that has her wits about her! I like that Shirayuki is just a regular common village girl and joins a ragtag group which turns out to consist of a Prince and I'm assuming his bodyguard friends. Even though I like the set-up, I'm getting mixed feelings about the show, it could potentially be great but could also end up feeling lackluster.


Sore ga Seiyuu! - Feels like Lucky Star almost or just that general moe/slice-of-life genre. Wanted to watch this because I have a slight interest in voice-acting, don't think I have what it takes to do it but I like shows like this, that give you a bit of an inside look into the industry. It's quite a light-hearted anime with characters that are driven and passionate about what they want to do, voice-acting. There are roads to take, friendships to be made and all that stuff that comes along with following your dreams.


Gakkou Gurashi! - I honestly thought I was watching the wrong anime and was wondering why I even picked this show to watch. I really don't watch much slice-of-life school anime, and I was ready to drop it halfway through the episode. I also had forgotten the synopsis before I started the episode, one thing I will say though, the opening and just the majority of that first episode is misleading and you have to watch to the end!


Okusama ga Seitokaichou! - Yes, yes those are what you think they are....
Another anime that I thought was going to be something but turned out to be completely the opposite.
I'll watch it to the end though, since the episodes are so short, about 5 minutes long, but really....this anime is just about bordering that line into the hentai genre.


Ranpo Kitan - Game of Laplace - The main character in this just confuses me so much, I want to believe so badly that the main character is a trap and he's really a girl. His voice is waay too cute and the way he is drawn, portrays, acts, dresses and speaks is too feminine! It's not even in the same line of 'loli-shota', I can accept that, I'm just confused by all of him really. That's pretty much what I think of this anime whenever I watch an episode.
     The content is somewhat interesting if mysteries and puzzles are your thing, it's got a detective-solving kind of thing going on and I'd like to see where the series goes, I'll most likely finish watching this, but possibly rather slowly
.

Rokka no Yuusha - Ahhh this anime!!! I actually did not start watching this until the third episode was out, I don't know why but I just didn't want to start it, I'm so glad I finally did though! I really like the character designs and the animation style. There is CG in it but I think it looks nice, so if that bothers you, alot of the fiends and weapons are in CG.
     The set-up is pretty good I must say, 6 are chosen to fight this demon lord thing that will rise and wreck havoc on the world (ya know the drill) and are marked with the flower symbol. However this time around 7 appear with the symbol and the group have to figure out who is the imposter, before they are killed? I think that's what the fake does, I honestly don't remember, but I think the fake is planted by the demon lord...somehow. Anyway it'll be interesting to see how it all unfolds. And since I've already started shipping characters, yup definitely one I have already become invested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment