Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Fall Anime 2015: Picks Part 1

So I haven't been able to start this season from day 1 as I had to finish up Snow White with Red Hair and Sore ga Seiyuu!. They're both enjoyable but I just haven't gotten around to finishing them!

Anyway I eventually got around to watching the first episode of the ones I had initially picked out for this season. There wasn't much to be excited about for me this season, other than a few things that I picked just from their summary, any sequels or anything like that, that I know has hype, I just never got around to watching the first season so they won't be appearing either, but let's see what my reactions were for the following:

--- (Timeskip to after I got around to finishing the first episodes) ---


Diabolik Lovers More, Blood - I already knew I wanted to watch this when I heard this was getting a sequel, as I had binge watched the first season one late night! At only 12 mins per episode, how can you not? It's such an awful anime with awful messages but I can't help but keep watching, it's my guilty pleasure anime for sure.
If you're not aware, this anime is a reverse harem, where all the pretty boys (bishounens) the main girl is stuck with are bloodthirsty vampires, always after her blood. I really don't care what happens to anyone in this show, I think I just watch it for how pretty and dark the atmosphere/setting is.
     As you can see I  haven't really mentioned anything about this season yet, as nothing happened other than 4 new characters being introduced that will chase and set fear into the protagonist as every other character in this anime series does!


Garo: Guren no Tsuki - Considering how much I liked the last Garo anime, I had to pick this one up! All new characters and setting, so there's no need to have watched the previous season, although if you want to understand some of the concepts in the Garo universe you might want to, but it's not necessary to have watched any Garo stuff prior to this.
     If you're not familiar with Garo, it's dark, there's blood and gore and it's got a wonderful soundtrack, at least the one before did anyway. This season is set in what seems to be feudal Japan, the animation is nice, though the only bit I find really pretty is the way they have drawn Seimei, one of the main characters (pictured above). The drawing style is less distinctive than last season's I think. It may be a more lighthearted series though? Hard to say really, I'm not even sure if much happened in that first episode other than introduction of 1 Makai Alchemist, Seimei and the Golden Knight (an inherited power), Raikou. But yea, not much happened, I suppose the battle was a bit interesting :/ maybe.....


Kagewani - If you're looking for something that's not animated traditionally, check Kagewani out! It's like a paper cutout style, it's a mere 7 mins per episode. A suspense filled, mystery solving anime. We follow a detective who is investigating in deaths caused by monster attacks. I think the anime could be better with it's horror aspect if they didn't show the monsters in full. The style they went for definitely adds to the suspense, though everytime I hear a monster, I imagine it to look like Godzilla. Either way it seems to be a monster of the week type series.


Kowabon - Another interesting horror/thriller type anime, just for how it's made, this was created using rotoscoping, so I hear! I think it works very well for this anime =D
     The first episode did freak me out a bit, honestly I love horror manga but I can't take it in any video format! Gore and such are fine but horror is a no-no for me. But the show is a mere 3 minutes long so I might as well stick with it. Have no idea what the show is about as of yet, if anything, other than to give you the creeps. I think it's just an experimental series, which I'm happy enough to keep up with. Again it is very very short, so no harm in checking out an episode or 2.
The funny thing though is the ending theme is such a total opposite of the actual tone/atmosphere of the anime.


One Punch ManThis show is ridiculous and so over the top, it's amazing. Just simply amazing.
Having gone into this without knowing anything other than alot of people love it immensely, I decided I would pick this one up for sure. It's funny, weird and a bit gruesome all at once. I mean I don't know how it will play out, if a character can just beat everything in One Punch, but it'll just be entertaining AF to watch! Just 5 minutes in and I was already loving the voice actors' performances, just a brilliant start! Also can I just mention that I am also really loving the crazy animation and perspectives, it's just really entertaining to watch!


Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru - Some beautiful animation in this one! The premise of this show caught my interest straight away when I heard about it! The idea of a woman being obsessed with bones really intrigued me, I have no idea what the story would be about or anything but just that single aspect of her just seemed so strange that it became a great incentive for me to pick up this one!
     The animation is quite beautiful to note again, though some of the characters look too cute or moe if you will. I guess it helps that the characters are a bit funny, it's a tad bit hilarious how attached to bones Sakurako-san is. I am enjoying the orchestral soundtrack as well, fits well and really brings a scene together. You've got to hand it to Sakurako when she gets in her zone, her element, that scene with all those bones and that networking going on in her mind was quite a sight for the eyes! I'm a sucker for sequences in general!
     I love that this is a mystery-solving anime, so if you had even the slightest interest in Ranpo Kitan in summer, you might want to give this a try!

Part 2 will be up in a few days hopefully....that will include Comet Lucifer, Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou and Dance With Devils

No comments:

Post a Comment