Sunday, January 24, 2016

Winter anime 2015/16: Picks

So like any other season, any sequels that are airing, I won't be watching if I have not seen the previous season.



Prince of Stride: Alternative - One of the first I watched this season, a running relay anime with some unique obstacle courses and trick moves. Coming from Madhouse studios, expect some animation to dazzle your eyes and colours to flood them receptors!
      From the first episode, I get the feeling that it could be like Free! So alot of team bonding, male bonding, bromance etc. and probably leg muscles, just muscle shots everywhere.....one can dream ok! I can imagine there will be some intense racing going on and then some montage training, I'll most likely end up enjoying this series. Although one character reminds me a whole lot of Haru from Free! It's kind of uncanny how a-like they are in looks and personality >.>'


Boku dake ga Inai Machi - Also known as Erased, I've read that alot of people are really liking what this show has to offer and people are speculating it could be one of the best from this season. I don't know about best in the season and honestly I'm not watching as much as others during these anime airing seasons, I will say though that out of the ones I have chosen to watch it could come out near the top. Right, so this anime is about a guy who lives a pretty regular life, lives alone, has no girlfriend, works as a food delivery guy, except there's one small thing, he can travel back in time. Usually it's for a few seconds or it can be up to 5 or 10 minutes. We don't know how or when, information on this is very vague, just accept it. Anyway this generally happens so he can prevent some sort of incident or disaster from happening. Got that info? Great, so now after a traumatic experience, he not only traveled back in time, he went all the way back to when he was a kid but now with the mindset of a fully grown adult. Honestly the first episode was a really strong start, don't know what it was about it, perhaps the pacing was just right, neither too slow or fast, so you were able to absorb whatever was happening in ample time. I would say definitely give this one a watch this season!


Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu - I have been waiting for this for like a year or so :l, I don't even remember how long, I just remember adding it to my 'plan-to-watch' list and just waiting for it to come out season after season, at some point I was thinking is this just never going to be made like Deva Zan...
      So to start, you must know that I am not that well-informed on alot of things, one of them being what 'rakugo' was before the first episode, after like 12 minutes or so of it, pretty sure I know the meaning of it now. It was pretty much a whole episode of one man performing rakugo. It was pretty amazing to watch, the animators and voice actors did a great job with this one! The show is about a convict recently released but during his time in prison he was inspired by a rakugo performer, which now he aspires to be one and wishes to be mentored by the very man who inspired him. I am excited to see where this show goes, the characters are an interesting bunch to watch and I'd like to see how far Yotaro gets.

Luck & Logic - I honestly have no idea what to say about this show, it was all over the place, it was just hard to follow and to keep up with what was happening. The first episodes seemed more like a third episode. The brief synopsis sounded interesting so I added this to my watch list but this won't be one I'm looking forward to watching each week. It seems to be sort of like Rolling Girls but also not quite like it, there's crazy designs, albeit not as cool as Rolling Girls, there's the colour scheme/layout, which I do enjoy but I think Rolling Girls was alot better and the fights are.....well decent I suppose, Rolling Girls gave me flower-y explosive girl power though so those were alot more enjoyable. I'm kinda disappointed in this but I'll continue to watch it to see if it gets any better. So far what I can gather is that the MC (a male) is paired with this girl as a superpower transforming team and this is odd as most of the teams seem to be made up of 2 females, and they go around fighting aliens.


Nijiiro Days - Ahhhh this show, it is so adorable! We follow the highschool lives of 4 boys, in the first episode we see blonde dude mentioning how he got dumped by his girlfriend on Christmas but then met this other girl who saw him crying and gave him a packet of tissues, he is instantly charmed by this girl which we later find out goes to the same school he does, woah! What a coincidence! So basically it's a show full of moe boys and relationships. In the ending, there's some other females who show up, so I'm thinking there's going to be a girl for each guy, which is awesome =D, it is so funny as well, well it got a good few laughs out of me anyway, definitely a show I'll be looking forward to every week, apparently there's 24 episodes? Not sure, either way the more the better!

I've picked out a couple more to watch but I wanted to get my thoughts out on these few out first as I have not started the other ones as of yet! Also instead of grouping these series together, might do 1 or 2 per post now to get them out quicker!

No comments:

Post a Comment